Monday, April 28, 2014

Return to the Land of the Living

1398733680896
We have cable again.

I gave up cable about a year ago when I finally got fed up at the exorbitant prices that Comcast had the nerve to charge me for *basic* cable and internet.  I pulled the cable plug and we have been Netflix only devotees ever since.  That was until Tuesday.  On Tuesday, we rejoined the land of the living.  That's right, cable has reentered our lives.

I didn’t really realize how much I missed cable until we were on our honeymoon.  Immediately, I was hooked again.  Before you freak out and worry that I spent our entire honeymoon glued to the TV, let me reassure you that was not the case.  However, I watched so much more Food Network on our honeymoon than I personally care to admit.  Basically every time that Ben got in the shower, I immediately plopped down on the most comfortable bed ever and flipped on the TV.  I had the Food Network channel instantly memorized (channel 33, if my memory is worth anything).  And my eyes were glued to that glowing screen like a toddler discovering Barney for the first time.  I had quit cold turkey, and just like that, my addiction found me.  Even after Ben rejoined me, clean and dry, it took a little bit of convincing to get me to turn the magic box off.  And, if Chopped was on, forget it – we we’re watching to the last basket.

Ridiculousness aside, once we return to the good old Midwest, Ben also realized that he also missed the opportunity that flipping through channels with a remote afforded him and after a mere 12 hours on the phone to Comcast (and 1 trip to their actual place of business) – side note, I have a burning hatred for the cable company, but another post, another time – TV has returned.  It was a joyous occasion in the newlywed household.

And, do you think my loving husband decided that maybe we should have Food Network?

No.  It’s almost as if he realizes that 50% of the reason that I go to the gym on the weekend is to watch Cutthroat Kitchen…

No comments:

Post a Comment