Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coming Clean

So... I lied a little bit by omission on Monday.  Sorry about that.  But it was for good reason.  And now I am laying it all out on the table, so it's like I never even lied.  Here it is: The reason I had driven my car to Ben's work before we headed down to Sandwich, IL was because I left work early on Friday to look at some places to rent with Ben.

Because we're moving towards Chicago.

Because I have a new job.

Because, well, the times they are a' changing.

2014-09-10 07.14.24
And just when I got a cube with a view.

Yep, my last day with work will be this Friday.  Which is really weird, because being only 4.5 years out of college, this is the first for me.  Well, several firsts actually.  The first time I've written a letter of resignation.  The first time I've turned in my two weeks.  The first time I've tried to summarize all that I do into a neat 3 page document to be handed down to future back-filled me's.  It turns out that this process of quitting a job is over-whelming, mentally painful and not nearly as exciting as some hypothetical naive girl may think.  Honestly, the hardest part has been trying to put nice little ribbons on the packages of work I have lovingly cultivated, hand them off to a co-worker and not have the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that my little project baby is going to wither and die.  These handed-off tasks aren't any one's top priorities, I know that, but damn it, they are my stamp I am leaving behind.  Please don't let them wither and die.

While this strange, giving up feeling is hard to shake, and could easily fill a lamenting post, I am deciding to not focus on it at this minute.  Because this is exciting news time!  Not pity me because I have a new exciting opportunity and I'm leaving my not really all that loved job time. (As I typed that out I realized that it is a non-existent issue, a thing for which no pity should ever exist.  Really, it's not even a first world problem).

So, news.  Here it is.  My last day with GE will be this Friday.  As in three days.  I will start working at Siemens at the end of the month.  Yes, Siemens.  In the healthcare industry (which I am thrilled to re-enter, finally).  Also, the same Siemens where Ben works.  In the same building.  Which I am sure will get all sorts of interesting, so get ready for some posts on that subject...  We're moving out of Rockford and closer to Chicago.  On Saturday.  We found a place Friday that we are renting for the year.  And I am excited for it.

It has a large, albeit sparse, kitchen with new appliances.  It has enough bedrooms for Ben and I to both have our separate work spaces (don't hate, we are accepting this DINK life style wholeheartedly).  It has a garage and a yard and a small patio in the back.  Plus, it has a nice, big fenced in backyard, which can only mean one thing - Ben has a lot of mowing to do Team Fritsch is getting a dog! YAY!!!

Anyways, I wanted to come clean with this huge life event deal.  Because in the next two weeks, things are going to be nuts.  And I will blog about it.  Or at very least, plan to blog about it.  And then we get a puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment