I was in the shower earlier this afternoon contemplating the best way to tackle my first blog post back. (Two thoughts that you should probably takeaway from that sentence: One, my best thinking is often done in the shower and two, I am nothing if not a planner, but you all already knew that, didn't you?).
Normally after my all too often hiatuses, I do a quick summary of my time away from the internet and then simply let the next post pick up wherever we happen to be in life. Surely I could do a similar Cliff Notes version for the last few weeks and move on, but it felt wrong. My justification: within the last month I have:
- Written my first resignation letter, given my two weeks and quit the only job I have had since college
- Moved for the first time without the incredibly wonderful help of professional packers, movers and unpackers
- Bought a couch
- Lived in my first house (not apartment, not condo, not townhouse, but stand alone house with its own yard and its own garbage cans) that was not my parents house
- Note - lived as in we are renting. We have yet to bite the real estate bullet
- Sent my husband back to school
- Then started to work in the same building as my husband
- Killed 3 spiders
- Broken 1 vacuum cleaner
- Sort of faced my fear of moths (aka - rediscovered that I am still deathly afraid of them...)
Hope you are all having pleasant, crisp Fall evenings as well!