Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's to Come

October 1st
Hello Happy Jack-O-Lantern, glad to see you survived the move
I was in the shower earlier this afternoon contemplating the best way to tackle my first blog post back.  (Two thoughts that you should probably takeaway from that sentence: One, my best thinking is often done in the shower and two, I am nothing if not a planner, but you all already knew that, didn't you?).

Normally after my all too often hiatuses, I do a quick summary of my time away from the internet and then simply let the next post pick up wherever we happen to be in life.  Surely I could do a similar Cliff Notes version for the last few weeks and move on, but it felt wrong.  My justification: within the last month I have:

  • Written my first resignation letter, given my two weeks and quit the only job I have had since college
  • Moved for the first time without the incredibly wonderful help of professional packers, movers and unpackers
  • Bought a couch
  • Lived in my first house (not apartment, not condo, not townhouse, but stand alone house with its own yard and its own garbage cans) that was not my parents house
    • Note - lived as in we are renting.  We have yet to bite the real estate bullet
  • Sent my husband back to school
  • Then started to work in the same building as my husband
  • Killed 3 spiders
  • Broken 1 vacuum cleaner
  • Sort of faced my fear of moths (aka - rediscovered that I am still deathly afraid of them...)
So, while I guess the whole bullet list does technically count as a summary, really the sole purpose of this post was to tell you that I will be rehashing the last 3 weeks or so in the upcoming days.  So, you have that to look forward to.  Spoiler: It involves a lot of the changes mentioned above.  Oh, and I would be remiss not to also let you know that seeing as today is October 1st, it is officially time to break out the Halloween decorations, husbands be damned.

Hope you are all having pleasant, crisp Fall evenings as well! 

2 comments:

  1. I want to put up all of my Halloween decorations, but they're somewhere in storage. (Maybe I'll break down & do a little searching for my jack o'lantern though...) So happy it's fall- even if it doesn't really feel like it here in SD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't feel bad for you. You were at the beach this weekend! As much as I love some crisp Fall air, I would trade it in for some good beach time. :)

      Delete